If your household is anything like mine, there is currently a dearth of available Christmas cookies. It’s as if aliens swooped in and decimated the entire stash of sweets that was supposed to last through New Year’s. What’s a mom to do? Bake more cookies! These Peanut Butter Cup-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies have my vote.
- These Chocolate Buttercream Rose Cookies will become a favorite.
- Our whole family loves these Doubletree Cookies with Walnuts and Chocolate Chips.
My holiday kitchen antics began early this season. I stopped, dropped, and rolled all my family’s favorite cookies. I think that is probably why they’ve disappeared.
Gratifying on one hand…but when friends stop over and there is nothing to offer but a left-over candy cane hanging on the tree, it’s time to get baking!
I love it when a delicious cookie is also easy to make. A boxed cake mix is the backbone of this recipe, making time in the kitchen short, sweet, and successful.
And just about everyone I know loves the chocolate and peanut butter combination.
Hmm. Think that will be a problem?
Merry Christmas or Happy New Year? You decide. Either way, these cookies like to party but they don’t hang around long.
PEANUT BUTTER CUP-STUFFED CHOCOLATE COOKIESPrint Pin Rate
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 ounce 1/2 brick cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 20 peanut butter cups
- chocolate sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together cake mix, cream cheese, butter, and egg.
- Portion into 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls (I used a cookie scoop to help with this). You should end up with approximately 20 cookie balls.
- Take one ball and flatten it in your hand. Place the peanut butter cup on top and fold the cookie dough around the patty to cover it completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Top with chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until cracked and no longer glossy.
Plus, don’t miss these delicious cookie recipes…
You’ll also love these Red Velvet Cookies!