We’re so excited to finally be in our new house! We’ve been painting, arranging and rearranging furniture and generally exhausting ourselves. We’ve even had guests over for dinner—Mike’s mom was here for the weekend.
Even though my in-laws didn’t expect anything fancy, I wanted to make something kind of special for the first “company” meal in our new home. But you better know dinner had to be fairly simple to pull together. 🙂 And remember, candle light is your friend—instant atmosphere that cloaks all the surrounding mess whether you’ve just moved or forgotten to run the vacuum!
I made a delicious pasta plus chicken and apple sausage dish. The shallot cream sauce really elevated the meal.
Both Aidells® Sausage and Barilla® Pasta are gluten free, which is great if you or your guests have issues with gluten—but you don’t have to have gluten issues to enjoy this dish.
I also appreciate that Aidells® sausages contain no nitrites or added hormones. Since they’re fully cooked, it makes meal prep a snap. They can be grilled, baked or sauteed in 8-10 minutes—a real time saver for everyday or special meals.
Barilla® is the #1 gluten-free pasta brand, according to Nielsen. No wonder— the corn and rice blend still has the classic pasta taste and texture and there are no GMO ingredients.
Both products are available at Target.
CHICKEN and APPLE SAUSAGE with SHALLOT CREAM SAUCEPrint Pin Rate
- 1 package Barilla® Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 package Aidells® Chicken and Apple Sausage sliced in rounds
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil and cook sausage until slightly golden in color and cooked through.
- 2. Add shallots and brown well. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by ¾.
- 3. Add chicken broth and heavy cream, bring to a simmer.
- 4. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce. Let the pasta cook within the sauce for a minute then remove the skillet from the heat and fold in cheese. Top with parsley.
Want another yummy pasta and chicken and apple sausage recipe (I’m on a roll here!)?
ASPARAGUS and CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE CARBANARAPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 1 package Aidells® Chicken and Apple Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound Barilla® Gluten-Free Penne
- 1. Fill a large pot hallway with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 T salt, 1 T olive oil and the penne.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, rinse and chop asparagus spears into thirds.
- 3. Slice sausage into rounds. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until sausage starts to brown. 4. Add garlic and asparagus. Cook for 3-4 minutes until asparagus is tender. Turn off heat.
- In a small bowl, beat two eggs and stir in parmesan cheese.
- 5. Once pasta is done, reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid and drain the rest. Return the pasta to cooking pot and add sausage and asparagus. Remove from the stove and stir in eggs and cheese, coating everything in the sauce. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken. Add more cooking liquid if needed.
- 6. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, black pepper and more parmesan.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.