Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Being a mom to Sam is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding parts of my life. He is such a delight and being his mom is a wonderful task. That little boy brings me such joy! As he grows, it’s amazing to watch his personality and confidence grow.
For Mother’s Day, Mike and I take time for a family day, filled with fun. It’s important to me to stay connected to my guys, no matter how busy our schedules become. I also want to create those precious memories with Sam. The time passes so quickly, so I want to capture all of it I can!
Sam has been making hints about a special Mom’s Day for me. I think Mike must have put a bug in his ear. Sam wanted to know my favorite breakfast. When I mentioned these cinnamon swirl cupcakes he wanted to help me make them immediately. I’m not sure if he thinks they’ll last until Mother’s Day (they won’t!) or if he thinks he can make them by himself now but it was just precious to this mama! Here’s to breakfast in bed!
These delicious cupcakes are oh so delicious — plus simple to create. They’re made even better with eggs from Burnbrae Farms. If you need some inspiration for yummy Mother’s Day cuisine, check out all these amazing egg options. They have many products to choose from which means your menu will shine!
Cinnamon Swirl Cupcakes
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Burnbrae Farms eggs
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking bowder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and continue to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue to mix.
- Sift flour and baking powder, gradually adding to mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into a cupcake liner.
- Cover with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon mixture.
- Cover that with 2 more tablespoons batter.
- Top with another 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes approximately 12 small cupcakes.
Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- tiny pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutella (mostly for color)
- 2 tablespoons cold strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream butter, sugar and salt till very fluffy.
- Gradually add in nutella, coffee and heavy cream.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and serve.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Burnbrae Farms campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.