With a shift in the weather comes a shift in what we want to eat — at least thats how it works for me. You too? Oh, I still like the idea of birthday cake no matter what season, but I definitely start craving salads and lighter fare as the days get longer.
- This lobster avocado sandwich is delicious, fresh and easy to make.
- You’ll enjoy this tomato and puff pastry appetizer because it’s simple and perfect for fresh tomatoes out of the garden.
Since that evening, that little café and this salad have become personal favorites. The salad is almost as good for you as a spring tonic! It’s quick and easy — my favorite way to produce food. This recipe is enough for two.
To make this watermelon salad:
- cube 3 slices of seedless watermelon
- seed and cube two medium tomatoes
- peel and cube ½ cucumber
Stir everything; top with a few torn leaves of basil and a sprinkle of goat cheese and add the salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon rind (I prefer to use organic lemons for this and its easy to quickly use a zester to produce.)