Disclosure:I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
We’ve spent a lot of time out doors recently. The weather has been so delightful — warm sunshine, minimal bugs and plenty of refreshing breezes. Several times a week, Mike is outside at the grill and we’ve enjoyed some really delicious meals together. I’ve even been experimenting with some traditional dishes we love to see how we can re-create them on the grill. Every trip to the grocery store, I pick up a few favorites for the coming week and then we have fun trying new combos.
Some of our favorite foods come from the east. Normally, I think that Asian cuisine takes a long time to prepare. However, with a little help from Blue Dragon, I’ve been delighted by how quickly we can enjoy tasty dishes. This weekend, we created three new favorites that our family loved.
Sweet Chili Brie on the Grill
- Heat grill to 400 degrees
- Cut top of brie, forming a well in center and fill with chopped walnuts.
- Pour sweet chili dipping sauce over the walnuts.
- Bake on the grill until cheese is melted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve with favorite crackers.
- Soak bamboo skewers for at least one hour.
- Thread on fresh white mushrooms and lay on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Spread wasabi plum sauce liberally over mushrooms and massage gently.
- Wrap mushrooms and marinate for two hours.
- Grill for approximately 20 minutes.
Homemade Banana Ice Cream
- As bananas get too ripe, cut them into small chunks (cut out rotten parts), place in freezer bag and freeze.
- Once frozen, empty six bananas into a blender.
- Slowly add coconut milk to ensure bananas don’t stick in blender (I had to add a full can)
- Fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Wrap loaf pan in cling wrap and stir in banana mixture.
- Freeze until solid (approximately 5 hours).
- Serve and enjoy!
Blue Dragon will be giving away a package full of Blue Dragon products to five lucky winners. Entrants must be a resident of Canada. Head over to their Facebook page to get your entries in!