- 3 chicken breasts
- Greek seasoning (recipe below)
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil + more for cooking
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon minced, dried onion
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Place raw chicken in a small baking dish.
2. Mix white wine and olive oil; pour over chicken. Sprinkle each side with a generous coat of Greek seasoning (about 1 teaspoon per side of chicken). Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (or all day, the longer the better!).
3. Remove chicken from marinade.
4. Preheat a deep pan and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Place chicken breasts in hot oil. Cook for about 4 minutes, until golden brown
and sides of the chicken start to turn white. Flip chicken over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
6. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over the top of the chicken. Reduce heat and cover to continue cooking. Once chicken has reached an internal temp of 165, remove from pan and let set while rice cooks.
7. The bottom of the pan will be dark and caramelized. Pour in chicken broth and
bring to a boil.
8. Stir in 3 cups of rice. Cover and simmer on medium low for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn off stove and let set for another 5 minutes.
9. Slice chicken breasts and place on top of rice.
Serve with chopped spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, feta, hummus, tzatziki sauce, pitas.
Tip: For faster cooking time, cut chicken breasts in half to make thinner filets.