- 2 pounds uncooked, diced chicken breast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar Barilla Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound box Barilla Penne
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
Bread crumb topping:
- 1 cup garlic and herb bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup melted butter
1. Boil penne until slightly undercooked, about 8-10 minutes. When pasta is done, drain; return to pot with 1 cup of pasta sauce.
2. In a large bowl toss diced chicken, olive oil, white wine, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasonings.
3. Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook for 10-12 minutes until chicken starts to brown and liquid cooks off (olive oil should be the only liquid left in pan).
4. Strain chicken and add to the pasta. Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the mixture and toss to coat.
5. Pour half into a 9×13 baking dish; cover the top with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
6. Pour the remaining pasta over the top.
7. To make the bread crumb topping, pour bread crumbs, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese into a bowl, pour in melted butter; mix until sand-like consistency.
8. Spread over the top of the pasta and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown.