- Box of Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 chocolate chips or dark chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup M&M Holiday edition
- Preheat your oven to 425F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil to protect it from the sticky caramel layer. (This is one recipe I don’t use my silicone baking mat for – it’s way too hard to clean up!)
- Spread the crackers to completely cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, only giving a single good stir or whisk at the end.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Stick the baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes until the caramel is bubbly and thick.
- Meanwhile, break up the chocolate pieces and measure out your M&Ms.
- Sprinkle the chocolate overtop of the caramel layer and pop it back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 2-2 minutes until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms overtop of the wet chocolate.
- Place the whole thing in the fridge until the Christmas Cracker Toffee cools & hardens so that you can “crack” it into single serving pieces.
- Calories: 1416
- Sugar: 123
- Sodium: 131
- Fat: 101
- Saturated Fat: 63
- Unsaturated Fat: 30
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 132
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 250