After making some homemade Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce, I had to experiment and see how many uses I could come up with for it – and these Apple Cranberry Tarts with White Chocolate Drizzle are definitely a delicious way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays!
- Get set for your next family gathering with these 11 Party Food Recipes Guests will Love.
- How darling is this Thanksgiving Turkey Treat! Make it for your family this season.
- I love this Classic Apple Brown Betty recipe as well.
A little bit tart, a little bit sweet and completely delicious, these apple cranberry tarts have so much going for them – from that buttery crust, to the perfect homemade jelly filling and just the right amount of white chocolate drizzle… Are you turning on your oven yet?
These tarts are a welcome bite-sized treat after a large turkey dinner, or make a great homemade hostess gift.
My daughter even enjoyed them in her lunch along with all of that leftover turkey!
We used pre-made tart shells for ease, but if you want a foolproof pie crust recipe, check out our version that I always make with my little helpers. (It’s the same recipe we used for our Kid-made Strawberry Tarts this summer.)
You can check out step-by-step pictures of how to make the apple-cranberry sauce here.
Pin this easy Cranberry Apple Tart recipe for the holidays!
Grab your free printable version of our Cranberry Apple Tart recipe here:
Cranberry Apple TartsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 apples chopped
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or thawed
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 tart shells thawed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1/2 Tablespoon shortening
- Place the chopped apples, cranberries, apple cider and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly until you reach a uniform, sauce-like consistency.
- Squish all of the cranberries or apple bits with a spatula or masher - they should give easily.
- Take off of the heat - it will thicken as you prepare the tart shells.
- Poke your thawed tart shells with a fork to prevent the pastry from expanding drastically in the oven.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Fill the tart shells with 2 Tablespoons of the apple-cranberry sauce.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl along with the shortening, heating for 25 seconds, then stirring, and repeating as needed.
- Using a spoon (or a piping bag if you're fancy), drizzle the white chocolate over the tarts - leave a couple plain for those who don't want the drizzle.
- Serve warm or cold - either way they are delicious!
Get set for fall baking with these kitchen essentials gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/page/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great recipes perfect for your next family gathering.
Plus, check out Homemade Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce…