Last updated on
Table of Contents
One of the sweetest, most meaningful occasions for many new parents is baby’s baptism service. A party to celebrate the event is typically enjoyed with family and close friends.
Catarina Videira and Ana Camacho, of Era uma vez’o sonho perfeito (Once upon a time the perfect dream), created a lovely event worthy of the memorable occasion with a monogram love theme idea.
The bountiful savory and dessert tables and decorations that enhanced the pleasant, park-like setting, were captured by Marta Caldas Barreiro. Want to be inspired? Keep looking!
- This Baby Lamb Themed Boy’s Baptism is full of great ideas to celebrate your little boy .
- Get inspiration for your next baptism or christening from this Super Sweet Baptism.
With the beautiful backdrop of the Sintra Natural Park nearby, the gorgeous, park-like, backyard locale was a breathtaking venue.
The joyous reception was styled with grace notes of lace, linen and chevron in blue, white, grey and yellow. Sweet floral arrangements with happy yellow and white blooms were perfect accents for the rustic feel of this outdoor setting.
The talented Catarina and Ana were busy with the event’s planning, organizing, styling and floral designs. The graphic printables that embellished the food were also their creations.
The team presented an enticing menu by using dual buffets.
On the savory table, the menu included an array of cheese, turkey, ham and cheese sandwiches with a choice of specialty grain breads, salt cod fritters, croquettes, farinheira and apple vol-au-vent (a sausage and apple combo in a puff pastry), tuna rolls, mini meat pies, vegetables kebabs and dip, plus fresh carrot and orange nectar.
Is your mouth watering?! Wire baskets and food grade waxed tissue in brown kraft added texture and dimension that complemented the rustic setting.
Move to the dessert table for a view of tempting sweets. The centerpiece cake with a grey and white chevron pattern is punctuated with “Baptism of Bernardo” and a flourish of a “B” monogram.
Little B’s godmother was enjoying a double portion day, as she was also celebrating her birthday. The grey ombre ruffle cake was made in her honor.
Guests could choose sponge cake with brigadeiro filling and/or chocolate cake with black raspberry filling. The lovely cakes were products of Candy Colors and Salgadoces.
Cake pops were also dressed in the signature chevron pattern.
Sponge cupcakes with lemon curd and meringue toppers looked especially party worthy with the monogram toppers.
Guests could choose chocolate or mango mousse. Brigadeiros with Kisses also sported tiny letter “B” embellishments.
No one would go home hungry at this celebration: lemon cupcakes, vanilla cookies and brownies added to the array of culinary delights. Fresh lemonade was the star beverage.
The party favors were little works of art: cookies with the chevron pattern, a stamp of fondant with the celebration date, and a diminutive “B”.
Just like the famous nursery rhyme, this party has been graciously marked with a “B” for Baby Bernardo and enjoyment for thee!
Planning a christening celebration, check out these party supplies:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Wilton White Cake Sparkles
- Christening Paper Lanterns Wall Decoration Party
- Christening Cake Kit Topper for Baby Boy or Girl
- Sweet Christening Pink Decorating Kit
- Cross and Doves Latex Balloons
- Silver Cross Themed Candle Favors
- Wilton Cross Pan
- Unity Pillar Candle
- Communion and Christening Party Favors
- Something in The Air Birdcage Cake Stand
- Chocolate Easter Communion and Christening Cross
- Lucks Edible Image Christening Baby
- “Blessings” Favor Box
- Personalized Baptism Sticker Labels
- Christening Honeycomb Garland Party Decoration Wall
- Chevron Paper Straws
Check out more great baptism party ideas full of inspiration.
- Boy Baptism Party in Blue, White, and Gold
- Elephant Themed Baptism Party for a Baby Boy
- Sweet Sheep Boy’s Christening Party