It’s about time to be thinking of back-to-school ideas that will make life easier once the bells start ringing. I have a new organization idea that I’m excited to try.
I am not wishing to be back in school again, but something happens to me when it’s back-to-school season. I get this heightened sense of anticipation when I walk through aisles of composition books and markers. Like Pavlov’s dog, I respond to even the scent of crayons. I want to toss colored pencils and sticky notes and cool notebooks in my basket!
I don’t know why this is. I regularly buy planners and Post-it® Notes and Tabs and Flags to keep life organized so it’s not because I never buy supplies.
I think it must have something to do with my school teacher Dad instilling a love for learning in me. The excitement of our yearly ritual of buying school supplies evidently left a permanent mark.
Now that I’m a mom, when it’s back-to-school season I have a legit excuse to buy those cool school supplies again. 🙂
- Always put finished homework in the same spot
- Pack tomorrow’s lunch right after dinner
- Get the next day’s clothes ready before bed
- Make sure Sam’s backpack is ready for the next day and hang it by the door
- Use Post-it® Flags to mark whatever bedtime book we’re currently reading together
- Keep bed time consistent
While I was strolling through the school supplies aisle at Walmart this week, I came up with one of my new organization ideas: a back-to-school reminder board.
Sam has become quite the young man. He does a great job taking responsibility for himself but sometimes needs a few friendly reminders to stay on task.
I thought this reminder board would be a nudge to help him remember his goals. Post-it® Notes readily stick to almost any surface so they work well on the foam board.
I like how easy it will be for Sam to peel off his finished tasks. And I like that I can easily change reminders as our schedule shifts and he has ball practice, extra lessons, etc.
No mom nagging necessary…just gentle, written reminders for the best school season yet. #Post-it
BACK-TO-SCHOOL REMINDER BOARD
- black foam board
- chalk marker
- Post-it® Notes
- permanent marker
- Cut large piece of foam board in half to make a small version, leave it whole for a large version.
- Use a large poster board and personalize After School To-Do’s for each child.
- Outline in pencil before using chalk marker.
- Let chalk marker dry before adding Post-it® Notes.
- Hang in a convenient location.
- As they complete the task for the day, have them peel it off and throw it away.
- Write notes of encouragement throughout the week!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Post-it. The opinions and text are all mine.