I’m a big believer that how you ring in the New Year helps set the tone for your coming year. After many bumps along the way in 2017, I’m making it a point to ring in 2018 with a big, happy bang!
This Glitter and Gold New Year’s Eve party idea fits the criteria. Because let’s be honest…. I could always use more glitter and gold in my life. Glitter makes everything magical.
I have learned — especially over the last year — that waiting for something to be just right usually means it will never, ever happen. Instead, I need to embrace the moments and opportunities that present themselves and run with it.
Instead of waiting for the perfect time to have a shindig, I just need to do it. I never regret those moments with friends. It’s always the right time to throw on a sequin skirt, dance to wonderful music, eat yummy food washed down with a delicious cocktail and giggle with friends.
But most especially on New Year’s Eve.
I love heading to Target before a party. A good theme is everything. (See above re: glitter). Target makes it easy to pick up everything I need for a party from decorations to food to sequin skirts. I’m busy, so everything at one stop is a must for me.
- 11/22-12/9: 25% off 7UP, Canada Dry, and more 6 Pack 16.9 oz Bottles
- 12/10-12/21: 15% off 7UP, Canada Dry, and more Mini Cans
- 12/22-12/31: 20% off 7UP, Canada Dry, and more Mini Cans
This fabulous Glitter and Gold New Year’s Eve party starts with a great invitation from Evite. I love being able to customize and send everything online. Being busy doesn’t mean sacrificing beauty and quality! Plus, there is something so enchanting about receiving a pretty invitation to an event.
And really: how cute are these cans of 7UP®. They’re ready for the party, too!
I adore how this drink cart came together: fresh flowers and a crisp cocktail are the way to this girl’s heart!
- 2 oz. light rum
- 3 oz. Rose’s Traditional Mojito Mix
- 3 oz. Canada Dry® Ginger Ale
- Combine ingredients in a glass over one cup of ice and stir briefly.
And seriously. These RITZ tux and gowns might be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!
Fun, little details go a long way in making a New Year’s Eve to remember. I hope you’ll ring in the New Year the Glitter and Gold way like me!
This post was sponsored by Evite in collaboration with 7UP® and NABISCO®. All thoughts and opinions are from Evite. Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- 36 RITZ Crackers
- 12 oz. white candy coating wafers melted
- 2 pkg. 4 oz. each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- assorted small candies; sprinkles; nonpareils; white gold or silver colored sugars
- Dip crackers, 1 at a time, into candy coating, turning to evenly coat both sides of each cracker. Place in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Spoon remaining melted candy coating into pastry bag fitted with small writing tip. Reserve for later use.
- Dip half of 1 cracker into melted chocolate, then turn to dip other half of cracker into chocolate, leaving white "v"-shaped wedge in center as shown in photo. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with 17 of the remaining crackers.
- Use toothpick or small clean paint brush to add buttons and bow ties to resemble tuxedos as shown in photo. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, pipe remaining candy coating into a "v"-shape on remaining crackers to resemble gowns as shown in photo. Add decorations as desired. Refrigerate until firm.