Last updated on
Table of Contents
Star shine isn’t any brighter than a birthday boy’s grin when his space themed birthday wishes come true.
Four-year-old Saxon loves anything to do with space and his party planning mom, Rochelle, of A la Roch, knew how to take off on that theme idea.
In addition to making the dessert table look fabulous with themed decorations, birthday cake and cupcakes, Rochelle made sure the party foods were allergy safe and yummy.
Fun activities and satisfying favors topped off the celebration.
- Plan a party that is out of this world with these Alien Birthday Party Ideas.
- Boys will love heading to outer space with this Space Astronaut Birthday Party.
Samantha Saul Photography was there to capture the colorful party images.
Night sky blue looks dramatic when it’s used as the dessert table background. I love the focal point rocket zooming into the heavenlies over the table!
Rochelle repeated the rocket and star motifs throughout the party. She not only baked the trio of boutique cakes, Rochelle also created the party printables and the keepsake acrylic toppers.
After the party, the pennant banner moved from personalizing the table front to decorating Saxon’s bedroom wall–great idea!
The main birthday cake looks especially appealing. I love the way the rocket is taking off through clouds to pass by the moon and shooting stars.
It’s important to kids to feel like part of “the gang” but sometimes special allergy diet needs can make a child feel excluded. Saxon was delighted to share his appealing egg and dairy-free birthday treats with friends.
The menu included raspberry cordial “rocket fuel” (notice even the straws have stars!) and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with clouds of frosting.
Don’t the vegan rocket edible image cookies look awesome?
Even the fairy bread is rocket shaped! Although fairy bread is typically bread spread with butter and then covered with sprinkles or nonpareils (hundreds and thousands), this version was delicious but still dairy free.
Cosmic jelly (Jell-O), potato chips, fresh raspberries, and marshmallows rounded out the menu.
Rochelle covered plastic liter bottles with foil to make “jet packs” for all the guests; crepe paper fire added to the authenticity. Everyone happily wore their jet packs while playing rocket racing games.
There was also a pin-the-flame on the rocket game and spot the rocket game to keep guests busy. When it was time for the earth bound journey home, guests were given red, star covered favor boxes to fill with take-home treats.
Is it possible to create a stylish birthday party full of allergy safe treats and fun décor? I think Rochelle can say with satisfaction, Mission complete!
Create your outer space birthday party with these party supplies…
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Outer Space Spaceship and Rocket Cupcake Picks
- Anti-Gravity Hovering Flying Floating Party Favor
- Solar System Peel ‘N Place Party Accessory
- Rocket Ship Kaleidscopes
- Outer Space Fun Character Suckers
- Solar System Whirls Party Accessory
- Alien Character Suckers
- Retro Laser Gun Party Condiment Dispenser
- Outer Space Alien Head Latex Balloons
- Space Mini Coloring Books and Crayons Set
- Glow-in-the-Dark Alien Head Boppers
- Space Blast Pick Candles
- Glow In The Dark 3D Planets in a Tube
- Space Blast Centerpiece Honeycomb
- Space Party Standard Kit Serves
- Inflatable Aliens
- Alien Stampers
- UFO Space Alien Cupcake Liners With Picks
Get more ideas and inspiration with these great outer space themed parties…
- A Boy’s Space Invader Video Game Party
- To Infinity and Beyond! A Boy’s Buzz Lightyear Birthday Party
- Space Party: Boy’s Rocket Ship Birthday Party