Last updated on
Table of Contents
Cheerful shades of blue and yellow, combined with hints of classic teddy bear, make this teddy bear baby shower such a sweet affair!
Catherine Holt, of Smart Party Planning, styled and photographed the simple, natural décor choices. She paired the decorations with enticing selections of cupcakes, cake and macarons, to make this celebration enjoyable for all.
- Get more teddy bear inspiration from this teddy bear boy’s 1st birthday party.
- A playful picnic atmosphere and teddy bears combine in such a delightful way for this teddy bear picnic joint boy and girl birthday party.
When Catherine’s friend found out she was having a boy, she requested baby shower decorations in hues of blue and yellow, something that said “baby” plus she wanted a relaxing atmosphere.
Catherine wisely chose the teddy bear baby shower theme, which could encompass all of the guest of honor”s wishes. Bright daisies filled mini milk bottles and added a vibrant flair to the table.
Decorations for the party and the menu were sophisticated, but simple, which allowed everyone involved (including the planner!) to relax and enjoy the festivities.
Colorful tissue poms in blue and yellow were handcrafted to add a pop of color over the tempting desserts, while mini versions embellished the table.
Lovely salted caramel macarons in shades of yellow and blue were served, along with beautifully decorated cupcakes.
Additionally, lemon tarts, marshmallows, lollies and Milky Way teddy cars made precious theme and color coordinating options.
I love how the dessert table focal piece was the baby bump cake, accented with a pair of sweet baby feet and an adorable yellow and blue flower embellishment.
Doesn’t the little blue teddy look adorable propped on the dessert table? Not only was it sweet décor, but it also functioned as a “guest book” to be signed as a keepsake for the guest of honor.
Mini milk bottles with matching ribbon collars and striped party straws were on hand so guests could sip refreshing fruit punch.
I love Catherine’s resourcefulness in planning baby shower activities; they doubled as party decorations:
- Catherine created the “wishes for baby” and baby predictions cards for guests to fill in, but they also functioned as cute banners when they were hung with mini pegs. They coordinated so well with the “it’s a boy” banner. Having them on display helped guests remember to fill them in for the mother-to-be.
- A “jar of joy” was also on display; guests were invited to write a word or two of encouragement for the mommy-to-be. What a wonderful gift to pull out on those exhausting days of motherhood!
- Catherine also arranged for three unique shower games. First was Baby Scattegories; using the initials of the parents-to-be, guests were invited to brainstorm a baby item from a Scattegory description.
- Next was a “finish mommy’s phrase” game.
- Finally, there was a memory recall game involving plates filled with baby items that guests would have to try to remember once the items were removed from view.
After spending a relaxing afternoon together, guests were thanked and sent home with a bag of gummy bear sweets, tied with ribbon and a darling teddy bear tag.
Fresh air, cheerful colors, good friends and good food: what a wonderful way to enjoy the impending birth of a sweet, new little boy!
Plan the perfect baby shower with these party supplies:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Rocking Horse & Teddy Vintage Paper Napkins
- Dark Blue Tissue Paper Pom Poms
- Wooden Cutlery Set
- Party Treat Bags
- Chalkboard Swallowtail Pennant Banner
- Yellow and Gray Paper Straw
- Party Favor Bags
- Mint Green Stripe Paper Straws
- Milk Favor Jar
- Lace Fabric Tablecloth
- Dinner Plates
- Plastic Table Cover
- Stitching Confetti
- Luncheon Napkins
- Dessert Plates
More boy baby shower ideas:
- Sweet Baby Elephant Dessert Table
- Black and White Boy Baby Shower Ideas
- Shake, Rattle & Roll Baby Shower
- Mustache Boy Baby Shower