Memorial Day is coming up on May 26 and weve got you covered for DIY party decor ideas! Show your pride in your country by making an American flag or decorating with red, white and blue. From wreaths to luminaries, these craft ideas range from simple enough a toddler could make it to something that will require a bit more work and planning. And be sure to find out what the difference is between all our American military holidays this summer.
- All About Memorial Day :: This whos who of American military holidays explains the difference between Memorial Day, Veterans Day and Armed Forces Day.
- Are you planning a Memorial Day BBQ or looking for some great new summer recipes to try? Check out our Memorial Day Menu Round-Up!
- Create a beautiful poppy themed craft with these Easy Poppy Crafts for Kids.
Memorial Day Crafts
1. Remember our fallen soldiers with these Tin Can Luminaries — you can get the kids to help make them!
2. Decorate for the day with this DIY Red, White and Blue Patriotic Banner all you need is some burlap, spray paint, and contact paper.
3. If the baby has outgrown the crib, use the mattress spring to make this big American flag!
4. Get your kids (even toddlers!) to help make this Flag Canvas for Memorial Day.
5. Use an old window frame to make this cool DIY Flag.
6. All you need for this Red, White & Blue Felt Wreath is some felt and a paper plate.
7. There are several fantastic suggestions that will keep little hands busy and imaginations full with these patriotic crafts for kids.
Planning to do some Memorial Day crafts? Check out these supplies sourced by the Spaceships and Laser Beams team!
- Crayola Washable Kids Paint
- American Crafts Solid Satin Ribbon
- Patriotic Stickers
- Crayola Crayons
- American Flag Toothpicks
- Wood Popsicle Sticks
- Contact Paper
- Felt Fabric Sheets
- Construction Paper
Looking for more red, white and blue Memorial Day party ideas? See these:
- Vintage Toy Americana Dessert Table
- Modern Americana, Fourth-of-July Inspired Table
- Fourth of July Party Ideas