Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
We have three new Super Bowl party DIY project ideas today: a kidlet helmet; an articulated football player paper figure; and recipe cards. You can use them as crafts for the kids, as decorations or for favors for your Super Bowl party theme. The supplies are inexpensive, the patterns are free and the projects are all simplelets get started!
- 2 sheets of craft foam 12 x 18
- yarn or twine, I cut two 30 pieces
- 2 brads
- ruler; pencil
- hole punch
- large needle, optional
(Note: you might want to adjust the over-all size if a tight fit matters to you. This size allows the child to pull the helmet on, without needing to remove a brad from the mouthpiece.)
- Trace and cut two helmet pieces. You download & print my template here.
- Measure for hole placement (mine were ¼ from the edge and 1 apart = 15 holes)
- Punch holes from one side
- Lay the punched piece on top of the other side to mark holes and then punch
- Cut one strip for the center of the helmet (mine is 5 x 16)
- Mark and punch holes on both long edges (same measurements as on the sides)
- Color or embellish, if desired
- Lace together (I used a large, round point needle but tape on the end of the yarn works, too), tying a knot at the beginning and end
- Trace and cut mouth guard. You can download & print my template here.
- Punch holes in the mouth guard ends and the helmet chin area and put the brads in. Youre finished! Photo op time!
2. ARTICULATED FOOTBALL PLAYER
- 1 sheet of letter size heavy cardstock
- 14 mini brads
- 1 small hole punch (mine is 1/page/8)
- crayons, markers or paint
- Its easiest to color the football player while hes still on the single sheet of paper, but not necessary. You can download & print my template here.
- Cut out the pieces
- Punch holes
- Put the brads in
- Youre finished! Laugh at the silly positions he gets in!
3. RECIPE CARDS
- note cards (mine are 4 x 6, unlined)
- border punch or decorative edged scissors would work, too.
- Punch edges
- Apply stickers
- Youre finished! You can wrap several of these with ribbon or twine, add a thanks for coming medallion and tuck them in with party extras you send home with guests or simply have them ready for when guests ask for one of your recipes from the party.