I’m on my single minded mission of instilling a love of reading into our boys. As I have said time and again, the statistics are staggering for how far behind our boys lag in reading and literacy skills. I’ve recently featured several blog posts that showcase books. Here are 15 of the best books to hold the attention of preschool boys. Feel free to add to this book list!!!
1. Are you looking for great ways to keep your little one busy? Check out The Preschooler’s Busy Book: 365 Creative Learning Games and Activities to Keep Your 3- to 6-Year Old Busy (Busy Books).
2. Get your little one giggling with Knock Knock Who’s There: My First Book Of Knock Knock Jokes.
3. I love this classic Corduroy’s Fourth of July book! Perfect for lazy summer reading with your little one!
4. Keep your preschooler busy with this Preschool Color & Activity Book.
5. If you have a little one on the way, be sure to check out The New Baby with your big sibling!
6. Get your little one moving and grooving with The Wiggle & Giggle Busy Book: 365 Fun, Physical Activities for Your Toddler and Preschooler.
7. The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books) was one of Sam’s favorite books!
8. Get your little one occupied with stickers and fun activities with Sticker Activity Numbers (Early Learning: Sticker Activity).
9. Little guys love construction sites! Your son will love Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site.
10. Help your son learn that Hands Are Not for Hitting with this great board book!
11. Get your son’s imagination rolling with The Fire Engine Book.
12. The pictures in What’s Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites are darling!
13. Your son will love the animals in Put Me in the Zoo.
14. We love the classic, Good Night, Gorilla in our house! I get Sam to help make up words.
15. I love the beautiful images in A House for Hermit Crab.