With all the warm weather lately, we’ve been spending lots of time outdoors. Even though we love to grill and spend time in our yard, we’ve also taken Sam on several little adventures. One of his favorite things is for us to pack up a basket full of delicious food and head off on a picnic. It’s fun to bike or hike on the trails around our house together. This week, we packed up a basket with food and books to enjoy. I also included a bug sticker book for Sam. He loved creating some buggy artwork while I enjoyed a book of my own after we ate.
- Enjoy more time outside with this Free Scavenger Hunt Printable.
- You’ll have tons of fun with these easy DIY Giant Bubbles.
- Check out these Kids Must Have Summer Supplies.
12 Books About Picnics
- Teddy Bears’ Picnic (Aladdin Picture Books)
- Alma Louise Plans A Picnic: A book about getting along (Volume 2)
- A Picnic with Monet (Mini Masters)
- Ants at the Picnic: Counting by Tens (Know Your Numbers)
- A Picnic in October
- The Bears’ Picnic
- Piglet’s Picnic: A Story about Food and Counting
- We’re Going on a Picnic!
- Picnic!: A Day in the Park (Ant Hill)
- Eyelike Stickers: Bugs
- Franklin’s Picnic (Kids Can Read: Level 2)
- Easylunchboxes 3-Compartment Bento Lunch Containers
- Picnic Time Metro Insulated Basket
Check out these great birthday party ideas for some outdoor inspiration:
- 23 Outdoor Party Games
- Gone Camping Boy’s Birthday Party
- 26 Woodland Themed Boy’s Birthday Parties
- Outdoor Dinosaur Birthday Party
- BMX Bike Birthday Party Idea
- Inspiration Pirate Birthday Party
- Outdoor Movie Night Birthday Party
What is your favorite outdoor activity to do with your kids during the summer?