My boys always ask questions, no matter what we’re doing. There are no exceptions on holidays: they want to know what we’re doing and why. I’ll admit, sometimes I don’t know all the history behind the traditions. This is when I incorporate some great stories into our reading time. These books would all be great for the coming Memorial Day holiday. They’ll enjoy the stories and won’t even realize they’re learning some history too. 😉
- Are you planning a Memorial Day BBQ or looking for some great new summer recipes to try? Check out our Memorial Day Menu Round-Up!
- Keep your kid’s little hands busy with these 7 Memorial Day craft ideas.
10 Memorial Day Book Ideas for Kids
- Kids Reading: Memorial Day for Kids
- Memorial Day Coloring Book: For Kid’s Ages 4 to 9 Years Old
- Memorial Day Surprise
- Mount Rushmore (Pull Ahead Books)
- The Lincoln Memorial (American Symbols)
- America : A Patriotic Primer
- America’s Favorite Patriotic Songs for Kids
- Sweet Land of Liberty (Ellis the Elephant)
- Eloise and the Big Parade
- America the Beautiful: A Pop-up Book
Looking for more red, white and blue Memorial Day party ideas?
- Vintage Toy Americana Dessert Table
- Modern Americana, Fourth-of-July Inspired Table
- Fourth of July Party Ideas
How will you celebrate Memorial Day this year?