Easy Ways to Save Money When Planning a Party
Disclosure: I’m participating in the CAA South Central Ontario Spot the Partner program with SJ Consulting. All opinions are 100% my own. #CAARewards
My CAA Membership not only gives me peace of mind on our summer road trip — it gives me amazing discounts while I shop! Whether I’m visiting a local brick and mortar store or shopping online late at night, I can take advantage of the savings and cash back offered! This is great news since I can stretch our money further with every purchase.
Since we’re getting ready for Sam’s birthday, I’ve been doing lots of last minute preparations. I was excited to find that many of my favourite retailers offer CAA dollars with each purchase, plus other great discounts. It’s a simple way to save — all on items I would be buying anyways.
Saving is Simple
- Join CAA.
- Check out the participating retailers.
- Go shopping!
- Show your card at checkout to receive a discount and CAA Dollars.
Planning a wonderful birthday party doesn’t have to break the bank — here are some ideas to keep you on budget:
- Shop your house to see what items you already have that you can re-purpose.
- See if you can borrow items like tables, drinkware, etc. from a friend or family member to save on big purchases.
- Offering desserts is less expensive than a full meal and there are so many delicious options with a dessert bar! Arrange the dessert table with balance/symmetry and height variation. Cardboard boxes covered with wrapping paper stand in for pricey pedestals.
- Stick to a theme and use it throughout the party.
- Wrapping paper is economical and can be used as a table backdrop or covering. Sunday comics serve the same purpose.
- Festive banners and buntings can readily be made from scrap fabric, paper or plastic in almost any shape. Dont forget balloons!
Here are some of the ways I’ve used my CAA Membership to save while planning Sam’s birthday:
- I headed to The UPS Store to have the dessert table banner printed. A custom banner is a great way to decorate! I can also save up to 15% with my Membership.
- Since I’m incorporating Disney Planes into the party, I’ve been shopping for some licensed character items to include. Birthday in a Box is a great way to find exactly what I want while saving money. They offer a huge selection, including ready made character themed sets!
- Sam has been requesting a new Lego set, so I shopped via their eStore. I earned 3% back in CAA Dollars on my purchase.
My CAA Membership is truly amazing. I love how multi-faceted the benefits are for my family. I highly encourage everyone to join CAA. Be sure to like them on Facebook, follow on Twitter and Instagram as well for all the latest news.