White Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler. Don’t those very words make your mouth water? A cobbler is a great way to savor the last bits of summer as we head into autumn. There is something inherently satisfying about a cobbler but for some reason, you don’t see it on a dessert table as often as the popular response it always receives would warrant. Want to change that? Try this simple recipe. Keep in mind that cobbler is easier and more quickly assembled than a fruit pie—a real boon to busy moms and hostesses.
White peaches have a reputation of being especially sweet, but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the 700 peach varieties. Besides, a large peach is a source of fiber, vitamins A and C—and it has fewer than 70 calories. Fresh peaches are generally available at market through September, so it’s time to take advantage of the last of this year’s fresh harvest and make your family and guests something special. Serve it warm, maybe with a little vanilla bean ice cream? Mmm!
- These Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes are the perfect way to end a great day.
- Looking for a unique dessert idea? Check out this delicious Orange Basil Glazed Cake Recipe.
- 1 stick of butter
- 4-5 white peaches
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to Make:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On stove top, melt one stick of butter.
3. Add sliced peaches and 1/2 cup of sugar over a low heat for about 2 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
5. Stir till batter is smooth. Pour batter over the top of peaches. Do not stir.
6. The crust rises to the top as the cobbler bakes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Savor the last bit of summer and bake up a delicious treat with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great recipes perfect if you love peaches.
- Peaches & Cream Cookie Cups
- Meringue Roses with Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Cinnamon Honey Butter Peaches with Iced Sweet Tea
Plus, don’t miss Peach Cobbler Margarita for a Girls Night In…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week