Warm Caramel Bananas & Greek Yogurt
The holiday season is filled with so many yummy temptations and dessert tables laden with the best party food! What with nostalgic favorites and newbie recipe ideas to try, I know most of us indulge ourselves or else there wouldn’t be so many people who make losing weight a New Year’s resolution!
Recently a friend who has really healthy eating habits told me that our immune systems really take a hit when we eat sugar. I don’t remember the exact time, but she said sugar suppresses the immune system for a few hours every time we eat it! Grr…I almost wish she hadn’t told me that right before Christmas cookie season. But, this mama knows cookie season and cold season walk right next to each other so I’ve been looking for some healthier dessert options too. I mean, I’m not depriving my family of all holiday goodies but it is a good idea to eat with balance.
I think this warm Caramel Banana and Greek Yogurt dessert totally satisfies. Yeah, there is some sugar, but there’s also a good helping of fresh fruit, plus the yogurt packs in protein. My family loves the combination. Sometimes I add strawberries or apples or some other fruit. My guys always gobble it right up!
- Make breakfast healthier with these Whole Wheat Pancakes they will love.
- This Greek Salad Rice Bowl is perfect choice for dinner.
This dessert treat is ridiculously easy to make.
– Put desired amount of Greek Yogurt in a bowl. I generally use about a half cup per serving.
– Add sliced bananas (or chosen fruit).
– Put about a tablespoon of milk in a separate small bowl with three caramels.
– Microwave caramels and milk in 20 second bursts, until caramels melt, gently stirring between bursts.
– Pour the warm caramel over the fruit and yogurt.
Another option is to forgo the caramels and drizzle a little maple or agave syrup on top instead. Either way, I think this is a healthier dessert option that seems a little more special than just eating a piece of fruit. Who needs Christmas cookies?!
Bake up delicious treats with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great party food ideas…
Plus, don’t miss 2 Ingredient Nutella Brownies…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week