Valentine’s Day Crispy Treat
Ive come to the conclusion that the kitchen may be loves best learning lab.
Think about it. Eating is a necessity, but making the food is an act of service. I know Im not the only one who doesnt always feel like workingor cleaning upin the kitchen but we do it. Families and friends congregate there regularly to share the efforts, and to eat, and to talk. To talk is good!
My Sam is my best kitchen buddy. We do lots of talking and laughing in there. I love watching his expressive brown eyes and listening to his little boy voice as he explains his world to me. This week we made these rice crispy Valentine treats, or as Sam says and melts my heart, rispy cookies. Theyre a take on the popular Rice Krispie recipe that we all love. The addition of red and pink candies and chocolate makes them just right for a sweet Valentine remembrance. This is what we did:
- Looking for ideas for Valentine’s classroom parties? These 19 Cute Healthy Valentine’s Day Food Ideas are sure to be a hit.
- Start their morning off with a bit of love and these Eggs and Heart-Shaped Bacon.
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of rice crispy cereal
- ½ cup of chocolate candies (we used red and pink M&Ms)
- About 1/3 cup of chocolate chunks (we used a candy bar)
- Additional red and pink candies for the heart shape decoration
- Yield: 6 Crispy Valentine Treats
- Spray your pan with cooking spray. We used a heart shaped silicone pan.
- Heat the butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl for two-three minutes. Stir it well. Add the rice crispy cereal and colored candy pieces.
- Press the mixture into the pan.
- Melt the additional chocolate.
- When the mix is cool, pop the hearts out and top them with the melted chocolate. Watch your son artfully arrange the candies. Think of how grateful you are to have a kitchen. And a son.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Red Polka Dot Party Streamer, 30-Feet
- Creative Converting Metallic Foil Spray Centerpiece, Hearts
- Creative Converting Valentine Candy Hearts Themed Lunch Napkins, 18 Per Package
- Wild For You TABLE COVER and Confetti/VALENTINE’S DAY Party Supplies/Table Decor/LOVE
- Happy Valentine’s Day Sign Party Accessory (1 count)
- Amscan Apple Red Big Party Pack Spoons (100)
- FR Metallic Happy Valentine’s Day Fringe Banner Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Valentine Whirls Party Accessory (1 count) (5/Pkg)
- Candy Sweets Valentine’s Day Paper Plates 7-inch 8 Per Pack
- Valentine’s Day party supplies, Red and Pink Hearts, 20 guests, dinner plates, napkins, cupcake stand, cupcake picks
- Hot Pink Kids’ Candy Gift Bags, Party Favor Bags, Valentines Day Treat Bags,
Don’t miss these great food ideas full of inspiration perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 12 Cute Valentine’s Food Ideas
- M&M’s Red Velvet Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day
- 25 Valentine’s Treats You Will Love
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day recipe to create with your kids?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Plus, check out White Chocolate and Sprinkles Mousse…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week