Triple Stacked Onion Ring + Mushroom & Swiss Burger
When I was talking to one of my new neighbors yesterday, I made a surprising discovery: not everyone knows how superior grilled foods taste!
Domingo, the boys and I had just finished an excellent alfresco dinner in our backyard when my neighbor came over. We were chatting about the upcoming Memorial Day holiday and I said something about loving the great weather and being happy to grill outdoors again. She made the astounding statement that she had never grilled. She thought it was too much trouble to carry food outside when “it wouldn’t taste any different anyway”.
I had to set her straight. I mean, isn’t that almost un-American?!
Grilling imparts a flavor that never comes from a stove or bottled condiments. I think being outside in the fresh air is much better than being stuck in the kitchen. And the kids can get crumbs all over the ground and no one has to vacuum them up. What’s not to love?
I promptly decided I would make her a convert and tossed another Johnsonville burger on the grill so she could taste the difference for herself. I love the convenience of the Johnsonville Grillers. The ready-made patties are already stuffed with flavor which makes quick work of getting dinner. The grillers come in Cheddar Cheese and Bacon, Swiss Cheese and Mushroom, and Original Bratwurst. My recipe for the night was a triple stacked, onion ring, mushroom and swiss BBQ burger.
- Johnsonville Mushroom and Swiss Grillers
- whole wheat buns
- onion rings
- BBQ sauce
- Cook burger on grill preheated to medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165.
- Turn off the grill and place the buns face down on the grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Place a cooking stone in the oven and preheat oven to temperature suggested on onion ring package. Cook onion rings according to directions.
- Assemble the burger by layering shredded lettuce, tomato, burger, onion rings and then drizzle with BBQ sauce.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week