The Porkinator Sandwich
My friend and I were having a discussion about how there seems to be no end of the to-do list. Since I work from home now and our family is planning on a trip to Europe, I am doing more housekeeping chores than I’ve been used to doing in recent years. A few sacrifices to make the trip happen seem worth the trade. Most days. Sometimes I am missing my cleaning service. The day of our discussion was one of those days. My friend said if she could choose any kind of household help, she would have a cook. It was funny to me that I had never thought of that—we decided we’d both love to have a cook AND a cleaning service!
Mike works on a rotating schedule so some weeknights the three of us have dinner together and some weeknights only Sam and I are dining companions. But as you know—there are no nights off for moms and I still need to come up with a dinner menu every night. We occasionally enjoy ham and bacon, but when I was at Kroger last week I saw Smithfield® Marinated Pork and decided to try it. They have several marinated flavors, including Garlic and Herb, Peppercorn and Garlic, Golden Rotisserie, Teriyaki, Mesquite, Rosemary and Olive Oil, and Original. The marinates take care of the first step of preparing pork so all you have to do is cook the meat. Sounded like a delicious time-saver to me!
I used the Smithfield® Marinated Pork recipe for their Porkinator Sandwich. I am hereby endorsing the yummy combo. Here’s their recipe for your salivating pleasure:
- Arugula or spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing*
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 3 large ciabatta sandwich rolls, sliced open horizontally and toasted
- 3/8 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 12 oz pkg. Smithfield Black Forest Ham Deli Thins
- 6 slices Smithfield Hometown Original Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked crisp and drained
* I don’t love ranch dressing so I omitted the barbecue sauce and substituted homemade guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
With a side of sweet potato chips and a few fresh veggies, the Porkinator Sandwich is a totally satisfying and filling weeknight meal.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week