Thanksgiving Food Ideas: 5 Mac and Cheese Side Dishes
If you’re looking for easy side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, mac and cheese might just fit the bill – particularly if you’re family has a more relaxed gathering or your looking for an option the kids will love. Mac and cheese has been a favorite comfort food of mine for as long as I can remember. But just because the dish is a classic to so many of us doesn’t mean that it can’t be exciting. Here are 5 unique ways to serve up mac and cheese this Thanksgiving. They include basil mac and cheese, cauliflower mac and cheese, avocado mac and cheese and even mac and cheese cupcakes.
- Unique ways to incorporate sweet potato into your Thanksgiving menu.
- Pumpkin recipes that are sure to please any guest.
Here are some great mac and cheese recipes to choose from:
1. Basil Mac and Cheese Recipe from Juggling Act Mama: Fresh basil is the perfect addition to a traditional three-cheese mac and cheese recipe.
2. Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe from Mrs. Three in Three: This dish can be thrown together in a hurry, in less than 20 minutes.
3. Creamy Avocado Mac and Cheese Recipe from Measured by the Heart: The avocado just adds creaminess, you barely taste it. Add cilantro if you’re feeling adventurous.
4. Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe from The Juggling Act Mama: If you’re serving the mac and cheese as a side dish for the kids, sneak in some cauliflower. They will never know.
5. Mac and Cheese Cupcakes from A Family Feast: If you’re serving a buffet, these individual sized mac and cheese servings are awesome. I’ve used this idea with many casserole dishes at many parties and it works really well.
Looking for Thanksgiving ideas? Check out this Melissa and Doug Thanksgiving Box of Questions. Be thankful that everyone wants to keep the conversation going with this terrific holiday activity. Also, these lighted tree branches would make a gorgeous table centerpiece.
More Food Ideas You Will Love