Sweep the Kitchen Cookies
Switching up a favorite recipe can be a real time saver, especially for a party dessert table. For these Sweep-the-Kitchen cookies, use the basic batter recipe and include a variety of add-ins to introduce a range of flavors. This is also a useful technique if you just want to make a big batch of the basic recipe, split the batter in half (or thirds, or fourths) and add whatever extras best suit your family. You can even bake a few and make cookie dough logs to freeze for easy future baking.
- Enjoy this delicious Peaches & Cream Cookie Cup this summer.
- Cook up these Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores at your next camp-out.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- (or another nut butter, and this is optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350; use the middle rack for baking.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine and process the butter, peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda, oats, and last, add brown and white sugars.
- Add your chosen mix-in ingredients. For the version pictured here, the add-ins were chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, butter scotch chips and walnuts.
- Make balls (or simply heaping spoonfuls) about 1 1/2 tablespoon sized with your batter.
- Place them about 2 inches apart.
- This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Bake up a delicious cookie treat for the family with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great cookie recipe ideas.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Homemade Cookie Dough White Chocolate
Don’t miss out on 12 Amazing Homemade Cookie Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week