- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or your favorite vegetable oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sift flour, baking soda,
salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, blend sour cream, granulated sugar, oil,
vanilla, and egg.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until
5. Use a ladle or large spoon to fill a baggie (or pastry bag)
with mixture. Snip a small opening in the corner of the bag.
6. Twist the top of the bag so nothing comes out and pipe the
mixture into a greased donut pan. Fill only 1/2 to 2/3 full.
7. Bake the donuts for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Set in pan for about 5 minutes; remove and put on cooling
We love these donuts without any topping! You can also top them
with this yummy glaze:
Glaze is 2:1 ratio of powdered sugar to milk. I used about 1/4
cup of sugar to 1/8 cup of milk. Mix together and let set while donuts are
Once donuts are cooled on rack, put a baking sheet under to
collect any run-off.
Spoon glaze over donuts and add sprinkles or desired topping.