St. Patrick’s Day Kid’s Breakfast: Shamrock Eggs in a Hole
We love parties at our house and regularly celebrate even when its not for a birthday or any of the major holidays. Whether youre Irish or not (but isnt everyone on March 17th?!) St. Patricks Day is another occasion to have some fun! Sam turns up his nose at corned beef and cabbage but I do have a lucky theme breakfast idea that I know hell like. He enjoys both toast and eggs so Ive come up with this surprise to start his St. Paddys Day. Want to try it?
- You’ll love these tasty St. Patrick’s Day shamrock biscuits.
- Plus, check out these 21 awesome free St. Patrick’s Day printables!
Ingredients for One Shamrock Egg:
- one egg
- one piece of bread
- about 1 tablespoon of butter
- small amount of blue food coloring; I used Wiltons Royal Blue
- shamrock shaped cookie cutter; mine is about 3 across
- frying pan
How to Make Shamrock Eggs & Toast for St. Patrick’s Day
1. Break an egg in a bowl and whisk it. Add just a small dab of blue food coloring because the Wiltons color is highly concentrated. The yellow of the egg yolk and the small amount of blue food coloring makes a great shamrock green color.
2. Cut out the middle of the piece of bread, but keep it for toasting (I put mine in the toaster oven to brown but you could do it in the frying pan, too). Butter both sides of the bread, like you would for a toasted cheese sandwich.
3. Make sure there is a little butter on the pan in the middle of the bread and spoon in just enough egg to cover the pan. If you overfill the hole it wont retain the shamrock shape.
4. Using medium heat, I let it fry for a couple of minutes on the first side, until the egg was set and then flipped it over for another couple of minutes. Just keep an eye on it so it doesnt burn!
5. Slide it onto a plate. Add some fresh fruit and serve it with a grin: Irish eyes are smilin Top o the mornin to ya!
Get Ready for St. Patrick’s Day with these supplies:
- Royal Blue Wilton Food Coloring
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter Set
- Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri
- St. Patricks Day Bodysuit Pant Set
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Towel
- St.Patrick’s Day Shamrock Slotted Shades
- Shamrock Temporary Tattoos
- Shamrock Light Set
Plus, get inspired with these St. Patrick’s Day ideas…
- Kid’s Party Food: Shamrock Pretzels
- 27 St. Patrick’s Day Baking Supplies
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
- Kid’s Party Food: Green Noodles
- 25 St. Patrick’s Day Kid’s Activities
- 27 St. Patrick’s Day Party Favors
- St. Patrick’s Day Birthday Party
What will you be doing this St. Patrick’s Day?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week