Sprinkles & Mocha Mom’s Favorite Things Cake #DunkinKcupLove
As part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network I am being compensated by Dunkin Donuts® Coffee K-Cup® Pods for participating in this campaign. All opinions and enjoyment of K-Cup and cake are mine but Ill share with you!
Do you remember the wonderful aroma that greets you when you walk into a Dunkin Donuts? That melding of coffee and sweet practically sweeps you into bliss. Somehow that blended scent promises delight and contentment: gratification can be yours (As an aside, I also always hear there will be no calories; I usually decide the voice can be trusted.).
That gratification really can be yours at home now. You can find Dunkin Donuts Coffee K-Cup Pods in the grocery store coffee section. They come in Original Blend, Dunkin Decaf, French Vanilla, Hazelnut, and Dunkin Donuts Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut flavors. You dont have to use filters or measure anythingjust pop the pod into your Keurig brewer and youre in business.
With Mothers Day coming up this weekendand Memorial Day and Fathers Day right on its heelsthese enticing aromas and flavors are the perfect way to welcome guests. If you really want to captivate them, offer family and friends a bit of something sweet with their brew. Maybe a platter of donuts maybe a piece of homemade cake with their coffee? Heres my suggestion to make Mom swoon this weekend: Moms Favorite Things Cake. It looks pretty and festive and it tastes divine!
MOMS FAVORITE THINGS CAKE
CAKE (for each layer)
- 1/2 cup of Dunkin’ Donuts French Vanilla Coffee, prepared from K-Cups
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add cocoa to coffee and stir to dissolve; put in fridge to cool
3. Cream butter and sugar
4. Add egg
5. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt
6. Gradually stir into butter mixture
7. Add cooled coffee mixture, stir only until blended
8. In a 6″ round pan, bake approximately 50 minutes or until completely cooked in the middle.
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼+ cup of sprinkles
1. Blend butter and cream, gradually add powdered sugar
2. Divide in half, adding pink gel food coloring to one batch and orange to the other
3. Use pink frosting to ice the cake. Add colored sprinkles to the top and use the orange frosting to roll balls for the top edging.
Happy Mothers Day to you this weekend and Happy 65th birthday to Dunkin Donuts on May 15th!