Spider Web Cupcakes
Are you hosting a Halloween party this year? A costume parade, bobbing for apples and decorating pumpkins are usually part of the scene, but it wouldnt be a party without lots of sweet Halloween treats on a dessert table. Spider Web Cupcakes are a simple way to introduce an element of creepy. Surprisingly, this frosting decoration idea that looks a little complicated is easy to achieve. Whether you use a spider ring or a plastic spider, youve also got a built-in party favor!
Spiderman may have convinced some that spiders are fascinating, but personally, I fall more in the category of Ive never met a spider I liked aka I loathe spiders. Yeah, yeah, I know they have their place outdoorsbut I must not be the only one who doesnt enjoy them in close proximity or else they wouldnt be one of the perennial characters that show up on the Halloween horror list. But spider web cupcakes thats an idea that I can stick with.
- Wanting something sweet but that is still healthy? Check out these 15 Kids’ Healthy Party Food Ideas for Halloween for some great ideas.
- Count down to Halloween with 109 Halloween Recipes that’s perfect for everyone.
SPIDER WEB CUPCAKES
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Total Time: takes about 1 hour
- 1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil and water)
- 1 container white frosting
- black gel writing frosting
- spider rings
- cupcake liners
1. Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
2. Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
3. Using the black gel writing frosting, place a dot in the middle of the cupcake. Draw a circle around the dot, followed by one slightly larger circle, and then add a third, larger circle.
4. Using a toothpick, start in the center dot and pull the toothpick through the frosting to the outer edge of the cupcake.
Repeat this step to create a web wiping the toothpick clean on a paper towel after each swipe.
5. Once the web is drawn, press a spider ring into the cupcake to complete the cupcake decoration.
Bake up your own spooky treat with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Chips, Milk Chocolate
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Curva Artisan Series Double Wall Beverage Glasses and Tumblers
- Oggi Melamine Ribbed 6 Piece Mixing Bowl Set in assorted colors
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great Halloween dessert recipe ideas.
Don’t miss 22 Amazing Halloween Cupcakes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week