Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
If you only have time to make one kind of cookie before Christmas, you might want to consider baking this version of the popular snickerdoodles. Since you can pinch off the tablespoon sized balls of dough instead of rolling and cutting out shapes, they are quicker to make than many cookie recipes. The sparkle of the cinnamon sugar topping looks festive, smells divine and it doesn’t take as long as individually frosting each cookie with icing.
Rumor has it Santa loves this kind of yummy cookie with crisp edges and soft centers. However, it’s my belief you should never serve something without taste testing it first so make sure you make a few more than you think you’ll need.
What are you waiting for? Get baking!
- These Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcakes are the perfect sweet treats for Christmas.
- Don’t miss these Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars that’ll be perfect for your dessert table.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cinnamon sugar mixture consisting of 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- With an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Roll out 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough (approximately 25 cookies) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and set out 2″ apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are browned and crisp, but center is still pale and puffy. They will
- wrinkle as they cool.
Bake up something sweet with these great baking sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great cookie ideas everyone will love.
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Gingerbread Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Two Step Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out 29 Christmas Cookie Recipes Ideas…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.