Santa in the Snow Cupcakes
Just one more week until Christmas. Sam’s already done school and it’s the perfect time to make Christmas cupcakes. Aren’t these Santa in the Snow Cupcakes fun? I saw a version of them — Santa Stuck in the Chimney Cupcakes — at Jola’s Joyfull Events and wanted to make my own.
- You wont be able to get enough of these Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars.
- Need a last minute gift idea? Don’t these Edible Holiday Gift Ideas.
I think making them has made Sam even more excited about Christmas, if that is possible! (It could be the extra sugar, too.)
Although most of his presents are hidden until he goes to bed on Christmas Eve, there are a few gifts under our tree already that he regularly checks out. They’ve been hugged, shaken, and sniffed as Sam has scoped out the possibilities. I think the bows are looking a little bedraggled already. By Christmas morning the poor packages will probably be naked!
The gifts Sam chose for Mike and I are under the tree, too, dressed in Sam’s best efforts with lots of paper wrinkles and tape. The little stinker has conspiratorially enticed me to “just take a little peek”. I don’t cave. I know if he sees me peeking at my gift, I’ll be certain to see him peeking at his! A wise man once told me that kids excuse in excess what parents allow in moderation.
We did do more than peek at these Santa in the Snow Cupcakes though. They were yummy and cute!!! Whenever I’m working on party dessert table ideas, I like to add something that will make guests (of any age) grin. I think these little guys will do it!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Substitute oil with melted butter and water with milk
- Bake according to package instructions. When totally cooled, frost each cupcake with icing.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 and 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Mix ingredients until fluffy.
- Pant leg – 1 piece of Aussie soft-style red licorice
- Fur around pant leg – Funsorts candies
- Shoe – dark wine gum (candies similar to gumdrops)
- Put half a toothpick or 1″ portion of bamboo into each end of the licorice and assemble.
Bake something sweet this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great holiday food ideas….
- 23 Gingerbread and Gingersnap Recipes
- 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
- 29 Christmas Candy Recipe Ideas
You do not want to miss 25 Awesome Ways to Make Fudge…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week