Root Beer Fudge Float
Even though it’s not official, when the calendar hits late May it is summer in my book! Since we’re busier with walks, bike rides and playing outside games, I love that exercise happens organically and seems like no effort at all. And when the summer sun is shining I find that fun activities, more family time and terrific weather are perfectly topped off with ice cream. Exercise. Ice cream. Hmm. Should they go together?
I assure you: they do!
I made a couple of these root beer fudge floats the other day. Root beer has been around for ages and I think adding ice cream to it is one of the quintessential treats of summer.
The secret to no guilt? Weight Watchers® Ice Cream Novelties. You can find them at Walmart. They have cones, cups, bars and ice cream sandwiches—all sorts of summertime cool downs! All of the Weight Watchers® snack sized treats are under 100 calories with just 3-5 SmartPoints® values per serving — that’s a lower SmartPoints®value than regular and other “diet” frozen novelties. Their pre-portioned sizes lets you feel indulged, without over-indulging.
Walmart also carries Weight Watchers® String Cheese, Sweet Baked Goods, Sandwich Thins and Jolly Time Healthy Popcorn. They’re great for satisfying snacks. Right now there is an iBotta offer available, up to $4 so it’s a good time to try something new.
The root beer-ice cream combo makes a satisfying fizzy head, even without the whipped cream. Pop in a fun straw and you’re ready to cheer on summer. Or your exercise routine. Or both.
- 20 ounces diet root beer (or whatever variety you like)
- 2 Weight Watchers® GIANT Chocolate Fudge Bars (4 points each)
- whipped cream to garnish, if desired
- In 2 large cups, slide the GIANT Chocolate Fudge Bars into the side of each cup, leaving the wood handle sticking out the top of the cup. Add 10 ounces diet root beer to each cup, pouring over the ice cream as you pour into the cup.
- Add whipped cream to garnish if desired. Drink right away!
- Only 90 calories per float (not counting whipped cream garnish).
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week