Rocky Road Brownies
Brownies are a favorite dessert idea with just about everyone. Their chewy texture and delicious chocolate richness make them candidates for showing up on dinner tables, birthday party dessert tables and in the hands of anyone who can get one! They can be fancied up on individual plates, drizzled with chocolate, or nestled in a cupcake liner for an easy party display. This Rocky Road version is covered with gooey marshmallows and salty peanuts. They’re rich, but that doesn’t keep little boys from asking for more!
- Love Reese’s? Check out these 21 Desserts Made With Reese’s that are made from your favorite treats.
- Looking for a dessert they will love? Don’t miss 15 Yummy Desserts to make Right Now.
- These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are a winner guests will request again and again.
- 1 box/bag of brownie mix. The topping is going to be rich and gooey so I recommend using brownies that have those same qualities.
- Water, oil and egg as recommended by the brownie mix.
- 1 – 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of chopped nuts (I have used dry-roasted peanuts this time but almonds and walnuts would also be good)
- Prepare the brownies according to the package (or make them from scratch). Feel free to add some of the chocolate chips to the mix if it doesn’t already have a filling of some sort.
- Combine chocolate chips, nuts and dry marshmallows in a bowl.
- When brownies are finished baking, pull them from the oven and IMMEDIATELY dump mix from the bowl onto the top of the still-warm brownies. Spread it out. Allow the brownies to cool completely. As they cool, the chocolate and marshmallows will melt on the top.
- Cut and serve!
- If you don’t have time for the brownies to melt the topping you can just put the pan back in the warm oven. This will melt them but they won’t be as fluffy on the top as they are in the picture. They still taste just as good though!
Bake up a sweet treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great dessert ideas perfect for any occasion.
Plus, don’t miss Chocolate Snickers Mug Cake…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week