Recipe Hack: Extra Cheesy Mac & Cheese
School is out and summer time fun is just ahead! Do you have many summer parties planned? Whether it’s a birthday party or a neighborhood get-together, hacking store-bought items is a necessity when you’re entertaining if you don’t want to make yourself crazy. Ask me how I know!
Whenever I’ve served mac n’ cheese, the adults love it as much as the kids do. I love how versatile and satisfying it is.
You can include mac n’ cheese on a party buffet with almost any holiday theme. During the summer it works well whether the theme is soul food, baseball, picnic or any kind of get-together. It might be considered the ultimate comfort food!
Serve mac n’ cheese in little ramekins as an appetizer or use it as a fun option for a multicourse meal. For sure kids will major on it as their main course.
Horizon Classic Mac is made with real, organic cheese. It’s a good-for-you solution with real nutritional value.
The convenience is not to be overlooked by a busy mom/hostess. Guests definitely won’t overlook the creamy, yummy taste.
One way to make a store-bought item your own is to add a little something extra. I heap on the Horizon cheese and I’ve not heard anything except compliments.
If you happen to have any leftovers, pop it in the fridge. You might be surprised how good this is cold, for breakfast!
- 2 boxes Horizon Mac and Cheese
- 2 T Horizon Butter
- 1 Cup Horizon Milk
- 1 heaping cup Horizon Shredded Cheddar
- 12-16 Horizon Cheese Shapes
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add both boxes of pasta, reserving the cheese packets.
- Right before the pasta has reached al dente, turn off heat and drain.
- While the macaroni is draining, melt two tablespoons of butter in the same pot you boiled the pasta. Stir in milk and both cheese packets. Once the cheese packets have dissolved, return the pasta to the pot and stir to coat with cheese. Add one heaping cup of shredded cheddar. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese into 4 ramekins set on a baking sheet. Top with 4-5 cheddar shapes. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week