Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream (No Churn)
You know autumn is here when you start thinking of recipes with pumpkin! This idea would be super anytime, but it’s especially perfect for those fall-themed boy birthday parties. Even though the evenings have an edge of coolness, the days are usually still warm enough to stoke that desire for ice cream. Who am I kidding? I always have a desire for ice cream! BUT, the shift of seasons definitely calls for a shift in menu that includes the recent harvest bounty. Like pumpkin. It’s more than a pretty (or ugly!) face for decorations.
The pumpkin is actually a member of the squash family. Besides being used in the familiar pumpkin pie, pumpkin is used in soups, breads, pancakes, cookies, custard, ravioli, soufflés and magic Cinderella carriages. The seeds and oil from the seeds are also used. Actually, most parts of the pumpkin are considered edible—the leaves, flowers, fruit and seeds. Pumpkins are low in calories and rich in fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins. I understand that it’s often one of the food items recommended in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs. I choose to believe that means pumpkin pie ice cream is good for you!
In any event, this recipe is good for you if you don’t even have an ice cream machine because it is a no-churn version.
- No Churn Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream is a perfect treat kids will love to help make and to help eat.
- Do not miss No Churn Root Beer Float Ice Cream for a delicious twist on an old favorite.
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. If using electric mixer, use paddle attachment.
- Gradually add condensed milk while continuing to beat.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into 9” x 5” loaf pan or freezer container, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Whip up your own pumpkin ice cream with these great sources gathered by the team at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great pumpkin recipe ideas everyone will love.
- 20 Kid Approved Pumpkin Desserts
- 17 Yummy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes to Make this Fall
- 13 Savory Pumpkin Recipes
Plus, don’t miss 109 Halloween Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week