Pumpkin Banana Bread
How about combining two fall favorite flavors into one sweet bread? This would be great as an accompaniment to a full-flavored meal. In these cooler months, I love to make homemade soup and pair it with a loaf of warm bread. I think a piece of this moist and spicy bread would also satisfy as a stand-alone snack. Just add a tall glass of cold milk or a steaming cup of coffee!
- These Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Pumpkin Spice Glaze are not just for breakfast!
- Indulge in this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream (No-Churn) for a delicious treat.
- 1 C dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 C canned pumpkin puree
- 1 C mashed banana
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 1/2 C diced pecans (or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350°degrees. Treat a glass bread pan with baking spray.
2. Put the brown sugar, sugar, oil and eggs into a bowl. Stir to mix.
3. Mix bananas, pumpkin puree and whole milk. Add to the sugar/egg mixture.
4. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spices together. Add pecans.
5. Slowly add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients at a time, mix as you add.
6. Pour into the prepared glass loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
9. Cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
It’s not necessary, but you can add a little drizzle of caramel frosting to make the loaf even more enticing.
Optional Caramel Drizzle
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
In a saucepan, combine milk and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, simmer about 8 minutes, still stirring. Remove from heat, add vanilla and butter. Let it cool about 5 minutes before drizzling over the pumpkin banana bread.
Bake a treat they will love with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/page/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out more great pumpkin recipe ideas that can’t be missed.
Plus, check out 20 Kid Approved Pumpkin Desserts…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week