Praline Sauce Over Pound Cake
Want to try something decadent for your next party dessert table? Praline Sauce. There are lots of ways to enjoy it. If you drizzle the sauce over ice cream pie, you can make those squiggle decorations over the plate, too, like they do in restaurants. My boys don’t care about that kind of thing but I love it when something that seems so special really doesn’t take too much effort. Like Praline Sauce. Don’t those very words make your mouth water?
When I think of pralines, I think of all things that come with a southern drawl, like platters of crispy fried chicken, peppered cucumbers and onions in vinegar, bacon gravy, baskets of biscuits, blackberry cobbler, fresh aprons, shining clean houses and sweet smelling grandmas who always have time for you. I didn’t get to meet my southern great-grandma; she was already gone by the time I was born. Even so, I’ve been the happy beneficiary of some of what was in her, via her middle daughter. That’s my Nannie, who was born in the South, just like her mama. Nannie also makes delicious fried chicken, and vinegar cucumbers, and praline candies and all things yummy. She always extends that famous southern hospitality and always makes time for me.
I think I better pay her a visit…and see if she’ll make this Praline Sauce for me. With squiggle decorations over the plate. And maybe some fried chicken, too!
- Check out this Easy Chocolate S’mores Tart for a treat that is not only quick but delicious.
- This Double Chocolate Mango Banana Bread pulls double duty as a great breakfast option as well as a perfect after school snack.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light Karo syrup
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, or as desired
- Using a tall sauce pan, add in all of the ingredients, except nuts.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir until it thickens up more. The texture should be slightly caramel-like. If it’s not thick enough, return it to the heat and boil and stir for another minute.
- Add desired nuts.
- Cool slightly and serve over ice cream, cake, waffles…or eat with a spoon!
- Refrigerate the unused portion—if you have any. This can be reheated to soften the sauce.
Create your own delicious savory treat with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great delicious recipes perfect for fall.
Plus, do not miss Apple Funnel Cake Rings with Homemade Caramel Sauce…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week