Potato Chip Chocolate Toffee
Ready for a delectable treat that takes only minutes to make? Bet you (and everyone you know!) will love this Potato Chip Chocolate Toffee.
- Make breakfast fun with these Cream Cheese Bacon Bombs.
- Looking for a fun kid friendly treat? Check out these Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Rolls.
Is it just me or have you noticed as soon as the calendar hits September, clocks seem to tick faster and faster as we roll through back-to-school, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s…and then we all pause long enough for a collective sigh?
This year I am determined to meander through the seasons just a little more than usual. I’m going to kick through leaves. Gather acorns and pinecones. Catch snowflakes on my tongue…and start Christmas preparations earlier than usual. No more last minute scrambles for me. Nosireebob.
In the spirit of those daydreams, here is an easy recipe to add to the arsenal of holiday treats. Some call it Potato Chip Chocolate Toffee. Some actually call it Potato Chip Christmas Crack. I just call it DELICIOUS!
- large bag of potato chips (I like the kind with ruffles/ridges)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a casserole dish/baking tray/cookie sheet with parchment.
- Pour potato chips into your chosen dish.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan until melted.
- Boil for 2-4 minutes; do not stir.
- Pour this caramel evenly over the chips.
- Put the dish into the oven for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour chocolate chips on top.
- Return dish to the oven for 2-3 minutes until chocolate chips melt a little.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to spread the chocolate. Add a light sprinkle of sea salt, if desired.
- Allow dish to begin cooling on the counter and then set it in the fridge.
- When it is fully cool, use a sharp knife to cut the toffee.
Serve up a delicious treat with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great party food ideas…
You do not want to miss Ritz Cracker Toffee…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week