Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Do you work in an office where holiday treats magically appear on the corner of your desk? Me too. Good news, bad news, huh? A girl can only allow herself so many sweets in a day, although I’ll admit that number gets bumped up some during the Christmas season. I’ve decided the gyms must have stealth agents they send into all area offices throughout the holidays. They’re actually the ones who deliver treats to the unsuspecting. Then they start advertising gym memberships for January. Yup. Now you know the truth.
Even knowing the truth still makes me want some of these babies. Peanut butter and chocolate. Sweet and salty. Put those favored tastes together and what do you have? Something yummy that will be perfect for Christmas party dessert tables or anyone you want to make happy! This recipe has another positive going for it—it’s a no-bake. Pop it in the microwave and you’ll be done in no time. Bars are quicker to make than cut-out cookies anyway so I’d call this recipe a time-saver. Hey, if you can’t save calories during the holiday, you might as well save time!
- Do not miss this great round-up of 23 Caramel Recipes that will be perfect to make for your next holiday party.
- Need a quick and easy dessert idea? Check out this 2 Ingredient Nutella Brownies.
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of crushed pretzels
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter or vegetable shortening.
- Mix together butter, graham crackers, sugar and peanut butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on 50% power for 3 to 4
- minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Mix in pretzels with melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate mix over peanut butter bars.
- Place bars in the refrigerator for one hour.
Serve up a warm treat this holiday season with these sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Greenco Set of 12 Vibrant Colors Ice Cream Dessert Bowls and Spoons
- Stackable Old-fashioned Soda Fountain Plastic Goblet Parfait Ice Cream Cups Bowls
- Meri Meri Ice Cream Van with Cups and Spoons, 12-Pack
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel, Mirror Finish
- VonShef Professional 5 Piece Mixing Bowl Set Stainless Steel
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
- StarPack Premium Silicone Mixing Spoon with Hygienic Solid Coating
- Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set, Multi-Color
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 Oz
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Organic Cane Sugar, 64 Oz
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla Flavor, 16 Oz
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Check out more great party food ideas perfect for the holidays…
- 29 Candy Cane and Peppermint Recipes
- 29 Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
- 23 Gingerbread and Gingersnap Recipes
You do not want to miss 13 Christmas Tree Themed Crafts and Food…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week