One Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Mike, Sam and I have a shopping night tradition. I make a special meal for dinner and then the three of us take off, with lists in hand. Sam goes with Mike for a while, to choose my gift. Then we trade off and Sam picks out his gift for Mike with me. For Sam’s sake, we make much of keeping secrets from each other to add to the evening’s excitement. As Sam has gotten older, it’s even more fun.
With Mike’s rotating work schedule, it would actually be easier to not make it a family shopping night, but for now we’re building on our tradition. I’m just grateful I was born at this point in history. I don’t think I would have lived this long if I had been born in pioneer days! A slower paced holiday with a freshly downed pine tree decorated with candles sounds appealing, but you know that life wasn’t really slower paced—just different. Think of having to make all of your Christmas presents, and your own clothes, grow and hunt all of your food, build your own house and fighting off wild animals all the while—with no Walmart in sight. Yes, I’ll take my modern conveniences!
One of the conveniences that simplifies meal prep is having time-saving short cuts in my pantry. The holiday season is too busy to spend long hours in the kitchen, but good, nutritious meals still matter. When I made my Skillet Chicken Parmesan for our pre-shopping expedition this year, I was glad to pop open a can of Progresso™ Bread Crumbs. They add a lot of flavor and save time, making homemade a lot easier. Warm, comfort food and holiday fun just go together! I love this tasty one-pan recipe that fills you up and gets you out the door before the stores close:
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 250 g fusili
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1.5 cups Progresso™ Bread Crumbs
- 1.5 cups fresh Parmesan grated
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, covered, until 75% done. Remove cover and brown both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in a covered bowl.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth and pasta to empty skillet. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Nestle chicken breasts over pasta.
- Layer white cheddar and cheddar cheeses.
- Sprinkle Parmesan, bread crumbs and onion powder over top.
- Remove from stove and place under broiler until bread crumbs turn golden brown.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Progresso™ The opinions and text are all mine.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week