No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
What’s better than cookie dough? No-churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream that you can prepare in less than 20 minutes!
- Soak up the last bit of summer and cool down with this No Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream.
- Celebrate the summer with this No Churn Root Beer Float Ice Cream.
I love making customized homemade ice creams to suit our cravings – and one of my favorite guilty pleasures is a big spoonful of cookie dough. Last Christmas, I perfected my recipe for no-bake cookie dough with my Cookie Dough Truffles, so I no longer have to worry about sharing this little indulgence with the kids – and of course, I had to work it into a batch of my go-to no-churn ice cream recipe to make some homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream is rarely on sale at my grocery store – it’s always $6 or more a carton! With this recipe I am able to whip up a batch without the trip to the store, for just the cost of a can of sweetened condensed milk and a small carton of heavy cream.
Plus, making it myself I am confident about what is in the ice cream and the kids can help make it and feel proud of their creation, too.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1-10oz can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- First, blend together all of the remaining ingredients - starting with blending the butter and brown sugar, then slowly adding the flour, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Next, whip up your whipping (heavy) cream with a mixer for at least 4 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- The cream will go through several stages, from bubbly, to slightly thickened, to rippling, and finally puffy and airy.
- Gently stir in the sweetened condensed milk, along with the vanilla extract. You don't want to deflate the cream, so avoid overmixing.
- Crumble in pieces of the no-bake cookie dough into the ice cream, folding the mixture over carefully. Reserve about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the dough to sprinkle over top of the ice cream.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a clean loaf pan or casserole dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth it out into an even layer with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Cover with tinfoil or plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Create your own culinary masterpiece with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Simply Calphalon Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
- Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set
- The New York Baking Company | 24-pack Reusable Silicone Baking Cups / Cupcake Liners
- ChefLand Mixing Bowls Standard Weight Stainless Steel
- Premium Nonstick 21 Pcs Baking Pans
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
- Wilton 2105-2174 Mini Springform Pan
- Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Check out more great dessert recipes everyone will love.
- No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- No Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream
- No Churn Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream
Plus, check out 13 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.