No Bake Dessert: Strawberry & Rhubarb Mini Pies #GetTheFeeling
Local strawberries are in season right now and as a result I have been putting my Sonicare DiamondClean to the test. I swear my teeth never met a strawberry seed they didnt like. Ive mentioned before that my family is obsessed with the Sonicare DiamondClean. From the very first try, I have loved it and strawberry season is only reinforcing how awesome this toothbrush is. Even Mike and Sam, who dont normally care about such things, have been impressed.
I was at the market last week and theres been an abundance of rhubarb and strawberries on display. Since its one of my favourite combinations I wanted to make some jam as well as a great summer dessert. The result was Strawberry Rhubarb No-Bake Mini Pies. Its soooo good. But its also one of those confections where the seeds want to stick to your teeth. Hooray for the Sonicareit knocks all that residual right out from between the teeth. The graham wafer crust, the strawberry rhubarb filling, and the cream cheese frosting were no match for my new toothbrush.
Ive used electric toothbrushes before, but Sonicare DiamondClean is a whole, new thing. The Sonicare power toothbrush feels gentle, yet your teeth feel cleaner. At first, I was a little tentative when I introduced the Sonicare to my mouth but soon I was brushing not only my teeth, but also my gums and tongue. I guess the best way to describe it is to liken it to a massage for the mouth! I especially appreciate the whitening settingmy teeth are whiter! Its not just my imagination, either. At our recent dental check-up, the hygienist and the dentist commented on how much better my teeth and gums are looking. DiamondClean is the only different thing Im doing since my last check-up.
Some of my favourite things about it:
- The Philips Company did research to come up with the patented combination of approximately 31,000 brush strokes per minute while the brush head sweeps back and forth. That duality interrupts plaque formation and removes up to 7X more plaque than a manual brush.
- Because of the diamond shaped bristles it also whitens teeth in one week and improves the health of your gums in two weeks. Another plus: the charge lasts, for us, about a week.
- Sonicare has Easy-start®. That means you can get used to the power brushing by increasing the power gradually over a period of a few days. I did not find that necessary.
- I absolutely love the glass charger for home use and for travel. Its portable charging case also has both a wall plug and a laptop-ready USB which is perfect for the road as Sam and I are heading out for a three day drive to Ottawa and then on to Newfoundland, starting Wednesday.
Now back to my other favourite things right now: rhubarb and strawberries. I ended up using cupcake liners to make the most delicious little pies. The graham cracker crust and cream cheese topping had just the right sweetness against the slightly sour taste of the fruit. Of course, I could have used more sugar but that would have defeated all the great work on my teeth that I am doing with my new Sonicare DiamondClean!
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 ½ cups rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- (or use your favorite cream cheese frosting)
- 1 block cream cheese
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Stir and press into bottom and sides of cupcake baking cups.
- Combine in pan on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into cupcake liners.
- Use 2D Wilton tip to pipe onto top of filling.
- Eat with a spoon!
- Yields 6-12, depending on size of cupcake baking cups.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week