New York Style Shrimp on Spaghetti
This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.
If you’ve followed me for a while you know that I’m fond of seafood. Very fond. It’s always like a taste of home for me. My grandpa was a fisherman in Newfoundland and I have many happy memories of going jigging with Dad and Grandpa. There is nothing quite like the taste of just caught fish!
This weekend I made a delicious New York style Italian Shrimp Spaghetti dish with Bertolli® Riserva Marinara. It’s not a handed-down family recipe as we’re not Italian, but it’s definitely a keeper!
Bertolli® says their Riserva Marinara Sauce with Parmigiano-Reggiano is crafted with only the finest ingredients and I believe them. You can’t fake that fresh taste. California vine-ripened tomatoes and freshly crushed garlic are combined with imported Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and imported Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for an exceptional fresh taste. There are absolutely no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
In addition to the marinara, the Bertolli® Riserva collection of sauces includes Balsamic Vinegar and Caramelized Onions Sauce, Porcini Mushrooms with Truffle Oil, and Asiago Cheese and Artichokes Sauce. Head to your local Super Target for a sampling event if you’d like to taste them all before you buy. And you’ll want to buy their sauces! They really complement a recipe with delicious flavors to elevate the meal to something special.
Do you like shrimp? Here’s the recipe I made. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook so it’s a pretty simple recipe. It’s considered an appetizer for eight, but it sure seemed like dinner to me!
NEW YORK STYLE SHRIMP
- 1 small package of spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 jar Bertolli® Riserva Marinara Sauce, heated
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Toss shrimp with garlic and salt in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour, then toss until evenly coated.
- In a skillet, heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add half of the shrimp and cook 6 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Spoon 1 cup hot Bertolli® Riserva Marinara Sauce onto serving platter. Arrange spaghetti over sauce, then top with shrimp. Drizzle remaining sauce over shrimp and garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Head over to Target and stock up on Bertolli® Riserva Sauces to add a flavorful twist that ramps your meal into something that Grandma never made!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week