Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
On some mornings, breakfast inspiration eludes me. You know…those days when you’re bleary-eyed from the late night before and there are precious few minutes before you have to get everyone out the door for school and the daily have-to-do? Those mornings.
And have you ever noticed on those particular mornings is when you seem to really need a protein-packed boost? Forget left-over pizza and nix sugary doughnuts on your way past “Go!”
Burnbrae Farms Egg Creations make it really quick—just shake, pour, cook and serve. Choose from original, veggie and feta, and mushroom and spinach or go for the fat-free version of original, cheese and chive or garden vegetable for a variety of flavors.
Especially for weekday school mornings, you just have to fuel your kids with the right stuff so they can function at their best.
In our family, it’s gotta be eggs. We all like eggs and a breakfast omelet is no stranger at our table. Even my picky little eater, Sam, enjoys eggs for breakfast. Good thing eggs are nutritious and easy to fix!
Imagine my delight when I got this breakfast sandwich recipe from my blog buddy, Melodee. You can make the whole thing when you’re wide awake and bushy-tailed, then freeze it. Pull it out on those mornings when you’re really pressed for time and energy.
Neither my picky eater Sam nor my egg snob husband could tell they were microwaved. They both loved them!
There you have it: good food, so quick and simple to fix you can do it with eyes half closed. A great start to a busy day!
- ¼ cup of Burnbrae Farms Egg Creations
- Lightly buttered ramekin
- Toasted English muffin or biscuit
- Pour Egg Creations into buttered ramekin (further customize by including additional favorite add-ins but we think they taste great as is).
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Run a spatula along the edge of the egg and gently lift out of the ramekin.
- Place on a toasted English muffin or biscuit.
- Wrap in parchment paper and place in a freezer bag; freeze.
- Pull out as needed and mic until heated.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week