Lobster Avocado Sandwich with Garlic
Say lobster and most people respond with an appreciative mmm. Too bad lobster can be so expensive! It doesnt have to be an out-of-reach extravagance Ive found a way to indulge a lobster craving without breaking the weekly grocery budget.
- This sour cream and herb dip is delicious and easy — plus it goes with almost anything!
- These chocolate pecan turtles are fun for kids and adults alike.
Allow me to introduce you to the delightful lobster avocado sandwich with fresh garlic! This is a favorite at our house. The recipe is enough as a meal for two and Ive also served it as an appetizer for six. Are you getting hungry yet? This is what youll need:
- 1/4 baguette
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice from ½ lime
- ½ – 1 clove of minced garlic (adjust according to your personal preference)
- 2 frozen lobster tails (thawed)
- Put about 1 inch of water in a pot
- Bring to a boil
- Drop in the lobster tails
- Reduce heat, cover the pot and steam for 8 minutes
- Scoop out the avocado
- Mash in a bowl with the lime and garlic
- Slice the baguette length ways through the middle
- Broil until golden
- Slather the slightly cooled bread with the avocado mix
- Chop lobster tails while humming Under the Sea and arrange on top of the avocado
I prefer to eat this plain. It is absolutely delicious. You can still taste each ingredient, but the garlic and lime combo really meld the flavors into some kind of wonderful! My husband Mike, and some of our guests, prefer theirs dipped in a lemon oil dressing and Ive got to say it is also good that way.
Heres the simple dressing if you want to go for that extra pop of flavor that the olive oil and lemon call out:
- 2 tablespoons of olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of freshly zested lemon rind
Plus, check out more tasty recipe ideas using garlic:
Get inspired for your next round of party food creations in the kitchen with these recipes:
- Glazed Honey Garlic Ribs
- Easy Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Pepper & Sausage Pasta
- Easy Tomato & Puff Pastry Appetizer
- Bacon & Rosemary Wrapped Chicken
What party food will you make next time you’re in the kitchen?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.