Lentil, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burrito Recipe
This Lentil, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burrito Recipe is a sponsored post through the Mom It Forward Influencer Network, of which I am a member. But since I LOVE lentils and other pulse crops, all opinions are my own.
Does your husband groan a little when he hears you’re making “something healthy” for dinner? Mine does.
And then after he eats I invariably hear a “Wow! You really know how to make healthy food taste good!”
Yes, so gratifying. I wish you could have heard him after he tasted these lentil, black bean, and sweet potato burritos. I am woman, hear me gloat!
I’ve decided I am no longer telling Ryan when a meal is what I call “healthy”. I mean, my goal is to always feed my family well. It’s just that some meals score a little more than others.
My guys don’t need to know that legumes like dry peas, beans, lentils, and chickpeas that are grown primarily for their grain seed are called pulses or that I think pulses are healthy little superfoods.
Who besides the meal planner cares that pulses are versatile and one of the most cost-effective plant-protein sources available?
Add that pulses are sustainable food sources and easy additions that make creating delicious meals simple.
That will now remain this cook’s secret.
In the future, I’m just going to say “Dinner is ready,” and watch with satisfaction as my guys wolf down my latest creation.
Beans and lentils make this recipe hearty and filling. Adding caramelized sweet potatoes and feta send it “over the moon” (that’s another direct Ryan quote).
LENTIL, BLACK BEAN, and SWEET POTATO BURRITOS
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 can of black beans (fresh work great too!)
- feta cheese (optional)
- taco seasoning
- olive oil
- Avocado Tahini Sauce
- 2 avocados
- juice from 1 lime
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ jalapeno
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1.Strain and rinse lentils; add to medium pan with water. Simmer with lid tilted for 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Discard any extra liquid. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
2. While lentils are cooking, peel and dice sweet potato; place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until caramelized and tender.
3. Strain and warm up black beans (on stove or in microwave).
4. For avocado tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
5. On each tortilla pile lentils, black beans, and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with feta cheese (optional). Drizzle avocado tahini sauce on top
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week