Kids Party Food: Watermelon Recipes
Although there are many delightful fruits to enjoy, in my mind watermelon is the quintessential summer fruit for kids’ party food. Not only is it sweet and tasty, it is full of good nutrition. Watermelon is high in vitamins A, C and B6 and it’s a source of potassium. It also contains more lycopene than any other fresh produce. What’s that? A high intake of lycopene is associated with reduced cancer risk, cardiovascular disease and macular degeneration. All that and it’s a pretty color, too!
- Celebrate the end of summer with these great Labor Day Recipes.
- This Watermelon Cone printable is perfect to pair with watermelon ice cream.
To choose the best melon, pick it up. Is it heavy for its size? Since melons are 92% water, a heavier melon indicates ripeness. Also look for a creamy yellow spot on the side where it sat on the ground — that’s a good thing. Other than that, the fruit should be clear of cuts and bruises.
Do you crave watermelon now?! Enjoy fresh slices and try one of these great recipes.
1. Watermelon-Moscato Slush :: The Kitchen Is My Playground
2. Frozen Watermelon Lemonade :: Gator Mommy Reviews
3. Watermelon, Cucumber & Tomato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe :: How to Have It All
4. Watermelon Poptini :: Snappy Gourmet
5. Watermelon Honeydew Popsicles :: Donuts, Dresses and Dirt
6. Easy Watermelon Sorbet :: Thrifty Jinxy
7. Grilled Watermelon Salad :: All Four Burners
8. Kids’ Summer Watermelon Popsicles :: Powerful Mothering
9. Watermelon & Coconut Ice Popsicles :: The Red Bistro
10. Watermelon Salad :: Spaceships and Laser Beams
Plus, one for the adults!
11. Watermelon Margarita :: Domestic Superhero
Looking for more delicious fruit recipes? Don’t miss these ideas for more summer treats.
- 12 Delightful Berry Recipes
- The Hulkmelon
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
What’s your favorite way to eat watermelon?