Kid’s Party Food: Turkey Pretzel Sticks
Isn’t this turkey pretzel stick a fun idea for Thanksgiving?! They make cute table decorations and they satisfy that salty-sweet craving. Include one at each place setting or pop them in a cellophane bag and hand them out as favors. Although you have to work fairly quickly when you’re adding the candy eyes and beaks, this could be a fun little project to do with your kids before company comes.
- Your guests will love these Caramel Cashew Cupcakes.
- Delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup will be a big hit!
- Parchment Paper
- Pretzel Rods
- Brown Candy Melts
- Fall Sprinkles
- Candy Eyes
- M&Ms (you will need the orange ones!)
- Spread a sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Parchment paper is important because it will allow your pretzels to dry and not stick. In one corner, pour a pile of sprinkles. Also go ahead and get your package of candy eyes open and a pile of orange M&Ms (for the beak).
- Twist the Oreo cookies open. You need the sides with no icing.
- Melt your candy melts according to package instructions. When making pretzel rods, I like to melt my candies in a tall cup, which makes it easy to dip them.
- Using a spoon, coat one side of the Oreo cookie with the candy melts. Lay the cookie in the sprinkles so it gets covered.
- Set aside.
- Dip your pretzel in the candy melts.
- Scoop a little bit of candy melt and add to the center of the sprinkle covered cookie. This will help your pretzel stick to the sprinkles.
- Lay the pretzel rod onto the cookie. I put a pretzel rod under the other end of the dipped pretzel to keep them level and make it easier for the rod to attach to the cookie.
- You will need to work quickly! Add two candy eyes and an M&M for a beak. Allow to set and harden.
Create meals they will love with these great sources from Amazon gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
- Wilton Autumn Sprinkle Mix
- Wilton Brown Candy Melts
- Non Stick Parchment Paper
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Snyder’s of Hanover Old Fashioned Pretzel Rods
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS IDEAS:
- 17 Yummy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade Corn Dogs
- Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake
- One Pot Chicken Dinner
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week